Wednesday, July 3, 2013

swoon thursday | 4 - Dark Triumph

Swoon Thursday
Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by YA Bound to share your swoon-inducing bookish moments. Also, shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound.

Dark Triumph Cover Image

Add to Goodreads
Dark Triumph
by: R. L. LaFevers | Website | Twitter
Series: His Fair Assassin #2
Page: 164

Then d'Albret's men are hard upon us. Resigned, Beast draws the sword from his back with his right hand while his left closes around the handle of the ax. "I will not let them take you alive."

Of all the things he could have said, that is the one thing that comforts me the most. "Nor I you," I say around a strange lump that has formed in my throat.


Kind of a non-traditional swoon.One of those that needs the story leading up to it, but I immediately noted the page number when I read Beast's line. Nothing quite like a protective knight!

For those wanting a little more...
Page: 318

He places me on the ground but does not remove his arms. Instead, he leans in and sets his mouth to mine. It is a lusty kiss, full of joy and triumph and victory. But after a moment, triumph gives way to something else. Something wonderous and fragile.

Beast's hands slide up my waist, firm and solid at my back, a buttress that will not give way, no matter what comes.


Have you read a great swoony scene lately? Let me know below!
-crj

1 comment: