Tuesday, May 7, 2013

waiting on wednesday | 6 - Siege and Storm

Waiting on Wednesday
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we can't wait to get in our hands.

Siege and Storm Cover Image Siege and Storm
by: Leigh Bardugo | Website | Twitter

Publication Date: June 4, 2013
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Series: The Grisha #2

Add to Goodreads

Summary: Darkness never dies. Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long. The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her–or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.

Summary and cover image from goodreads.

Why the WOW: With a little less than a month until this bad-boy hits the shelves, I thought I could use this week's WOW to fangirl about this series. I was blown away by Shadow and Bone last year; what wasn't to love, Russian high-fantasy, the Darkling, and a best-friend that could be more (best trope ever). So ready to get back into this world with Alina and Mal. The summary sets us up for one heck of a high-risk adventure.

What are you waiting for?
-crj

5 comments:

  1. OMG *dies* I LOVED Shadow & Bone and I had this one for my WoW pick a few weeks ago! Glad I'm not the only one swooning over it!

    My WoW

    New Follower!

    Diayll @Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not the only one. I keep seeing pictures on instagram, getting close! Great minds think alike!

      Delete
  2. Excellent choice - I still haven't had a chance to read Shadow & Bone but it's on my GR list and I'm adding this one too.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahh I still haven't read the first one and didn't know this one was coming out so soon! Guess I better get on reading the first one! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read Shadow and Bone. Hopefully I'll get to it before this one comes out!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete